Title upon graduation "Master of Science [University of Applied Sciences] in Engineering with specialization in Industrial Technologies"
In the "Industrial Technologies" specialization, you learn skills for the development, production, use and optimization of technical products such as machines, vehicles, tools and systems.
The focus is on electrical, electronic, mechanical and mechatronic systems. You will also deepen your competencies in simulation, analysis and verification mathematics.
- Product development and production technology: Integral development of components, modules or whole systems. Development and implementation of cost-efficient production technologies based on reliable processes.
- Materials technology: Development of materials and material surfaces and their production methods. Selection of the appropriate materials for a product and subsequent integration into the product manufacturing process.
- Mechatronics and automation: Conception, analysis, modeling and implementation of mechatronic components and systems and automated components and systems.
- Embedded systems and microelectronics: Analysis, architectures, design and implementation of software and hardware modules for embedded microelectronic systems and components.
Recommended Bachelor's degrees
- Automotive engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Renewable energies and environmental engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Systems engineering
- Other qualifications: Admission on the basis of a portfolio is possible.
Student Luca Ferrari on the MSE
«I chose to study the MSE in Industrial Technologies because I was motivated by the possibility of attending courses at different Swiss universities and getting to know new people and environments. This will allow me to grow both from a scientific point of view and at a social and cultural level. Thanks to all this, I am sure that, once I finish the Master's studies, exciting new career opportunities will open up in Switzerland and abroad.»
MSE student, SUPSI
Specialization: Industrial Technologies
Stadler Rail Group, Peter Spuhler on the MSE
«Stadler Rail is dependent on well-trained engineers with practical experience and initiative. We therefore value our cooperation with Switzerland's Universities of Applied Sciences and like to recruit our engineers from amongst their MSE graduates. These graduates have already acquired experience in industry and in working on projects and are thus in a position to rapidly take on demanding tasks.»
Owner and CEO
Stadler Rail Group