Ogni modulo equivale a 3 crediti ECTS. È possibile scegliere un totale di 10 moduli/30 ECTS nelle seguenti categorie:
- 12-15 crediti ECTS in moduli tecnico-scientifici (TSM)
I moduli TSM trasmettono competenze tecniche specifiche del profilo e si integrano ai moduli di approfondimento decentralizzati.
- 9-12 crediti ECTS in basi teoriche ampliate (FTP)
I moduli FTP trattano principalmente basi teoriche come la matematica, la fisica, la teoria dell’informazione, la chimica ecc. I moduli ampliano la competenza scientifica dello studente e contribuiscono a creare un importante sinergia tra i concetti astratti e l’applicazione fondamentale per l’innovazione
- 6-9 crediti ECTS in moduli di contesto (CM)
I moduli CM trasmettono competenze supplementari in settori quali gestione delle tecnologie, economia aziendale, comunicazione, gestione dei progetti, diritto dei brevetti, diritto contrattuale ecc.
La descrizione del modulo (scarica il pdf)riporta le informazioni linguistiche per ogni modulo, suddivise nelle seguenti categorie:
The goal of this module is to help students to further develop their knowledge and skills in academic writing and presenting through the medium of English. Students will learn what it means to write advanced academic texts and to present them to an audience in an accurate, appropriate and convincing manner. The module is divided into a writing and a speaking part.
The writing part of the module focuses on key document types students are expected to master in their academic and professional careers. Using examples and engaging students in practical exercises, the writing part particularly highlights the importance of the academic argument, analysing its structure, components and styles. It looks at how arguments can be built into bigger text blocks that form part of academic text types such as abstracts, introductions, analyses, and others.
The speaking part of the module focuses on how to prepare and deliver academic presentations. How much detail is necessary? Which sources should be referenced? What information should be included in the presentation slides? How do I create interest in the topic? In this second part of the module, the emphasis will be placed on argumentation techniques but also highlight appearance, self-confidence, clarity and orientation to the audience.
Students are encouraged to work on real writing and presentation projects in English as part of the course.
English level B2 (CEFR)
Obiettivi di apprendimento
At the end of the module, students are able
- to produce advanced academic texts in writing and speaking, paying attention to accuracy, argumentation and the intended target audience;
- to reflect critically on the quality of academic texts, both in speaking and writing, referring to relevant theories;
- to assess their own writing and presentation abilities, using appropriate instruments for self-assessment;
- to define pathways for future development in the area of academic writing and presenting.
- Academic writing style (vocabulary, sentence formation, linking, etc.)
- Academic text types and their structure
- Academic publishing
- Academic argumentation
- Reader orientation in writing
- Writing as a process in applied research
- Presenting as telling a story
- Visual and textual aids during presentation
- Rhetorical clarity
- Presenting in a convincing and enthusiastic manner
- Handling stage fright
Metodologie di insegnamento e apprendimento
- Blended learning, plenary lectures
- Self-study project work in small groups
A reader will be provided at the start of the semester.