Ogni modulo equivale a 3 crediti ECTS. È possibile scegliere un totale di 10 moduli/30 ECTS nelle seguenti categorie:
- 12-15 crediti ECTS in moduli tecnico-scientifici (TSM)
I moduli TSM trasmettono competenze tecniche specifiche del profilo e si integrano ai moduli di approfondimento decentralizzati.
- 9-12 crediti ECTS in basi teoriche ampliate (FTP)
I moduli FTP trattano principalmente basi teoriche come la matematica, la fisica, la teoria dell’informazione, la chimica ecc. I moduli ampliano la competenza scientifica dello studente e contribuiscono a creare un importante sinergia tra i concetti astratti e l’applicazione fondamentale per l’innovazione
- 6-9 crediti ECTS in moduli di contesto (CM)
I moduli CM trasmettono competenze supplementari in settori quali gestione delle tecnologie, economia aziendale, comunicazione, gestione dei progetti, diritto dei brevetti, diritto contrattuale ecc.
La descrizione del modulo (scarica il pdf)riporta le informazioni linguistiche per ogni modulo, suddivise nelle seguenti categorie:
TSM module “Laser and Laser applications” provides a broad overview about the fascinating field of state-of-the-art Laser technology and its applications in industry, R&D, medicine and communication. The modul provides a comprehensive insight into the Laser and applications market, Laser types and devices, Beam deliveries, Laser machines, Physics of interaction between laser and material, and real industrial application examples presented by experts with industrial background. Module objective is to increase and enhance the technological competences on laser generation, control, and laser-material interaction.physical/ technological limits and competing technology.
Optics: Basics of wave and geometrical optics; without optics basics during bachelor studies, the EVA "Fundamentals of light" should be visited before visiting further TSM modules.
Physics: Basics for engineers (bachelor niveau)
Obiettivi di apprendimento
After successfully completing this course the student:
- knows the concepts of the most important laser types with their respective advantages and disadvantages and will be informed about future trends.
- will be skilled to decide between Laser-based technology or other manufacturing technology based on knowledge in technology, efficiency, economical, and ecological reasons
- knows industrial relevant beam guiding and delivery systems and technologies
- will be skilled to make decision on suitable laser source and beam delivery depending on application process.
- thoroughly understands important laser applications and can design the most relevant features of the systems required for them
- knows the most relevant physical effects which happen during the interaction between laser and material
- will be skilled to determine processing strategy, basic parameters and supporting technology
- knows basics methods of beam diagnostics, process monitoring, and industry 4.0 technology
Laser [7 weeks]
- Basics [2 wk]
Repetition of basics, Resonators, Laser modes, etc.
- Technical realization of Lasers [3 wk]
Design concepts of significant laser sources, Pulse generation, Wavelength conversion,
- Beam Delivery and Optics [1 wk]
hard optics, fibers, working head concepts, beam forming, Scanners, fast and ultra-fast optics etc.
- Laser Safety and health protection [1 wk]
Laser Applications [7 weeks]
- Industrial Laser Applications [4 wk]Market description, Applications (Welding, Cutting, Drilling, Structuring, Hardening, Marking, Additive Manufacturing etc.), Laser – materal interaction, parameters, process properties and limits, laser machine concepts
- Lasers in Medicine, Measuring Technology, Communication and Science [2 wk]
Interferometry, Spectroscopy, Surgery, Ophthalmology, Displays and Communication, Microscopy
- Beam and process diagnostics [1 wk]
Methods of beam analytics and validations, Methods of process monitoring and control, lasers and industry 4.0
Metodologie di insegnamento e apprendimento
- Lectures and self-study
- Practical and theoretical exercises
1) William Silfvast: Laser fundamantals
2) Rainer Dohlus: Lasertechnik
3) Helmut Hügel, Thomas Graf: Laser in der Fertigung
4) Saleh, Teich: Photonics
5) Fritz Kneubühl: Laser