Each module contains 3 ECTS. You choose a total of 10 modules/30 ECTS in the following module categories:
- 12-15 ECTS in technical scientific modules (TSM)
TSM modules teach profile-specific specialist skills and supplement the decentralised specialisation modules.
- 9-12 ECTS in fundamental theoretical principles modules (FTP)
FTP modules deal with theoretical fundamentals such as higher mathematics, physics, information theory, chemistry, etc. They will teach more detailed, abstract scientific knowledge and help you to bridge the gap between abstraction and application that is so important for innovation.
- 6-9 ECTS in context modules (CM)
CM modules will impart additional skills in areas such as technology management, business administration, communication, project management, patent law, contract law, etc.
In the module description (download pdf) you find the entire language information per module divided into the following categories:
The new trend in multimedia and communication requires new paradigms in terms of both mobility and security. This module gives an overview of teh classical network architectures, the new techniques which took advantace of the latest findings in term of technologies and algorithms.
The modul will present the latest technologies and the scientific background to the main topics like:
- Mobility and virtualization of IP networks
- Self organizing networks
- Next Generation Networks
Presentation of real, representative infrastructures offering high complexity, performances and service level.
Basic concepts of networking protocols.
At the end of this module, the student has the following knowledge:
- the new architectures and trends in the IP networks
- ability to describe the main features of each of these architectures and to compare them with each other
- characteristics of mobility systems and their impact on networking architectures
- ability to participate in the planning, development and operation of innovative networking infrastructures.
Contents of Module
Mobility and virtualization in the IP networks (about 30%)
Mobility in the IP networks: Mobility / IP mobility issues in a cellular network / Mobility at IP / MIP (Mobile IP) / Mobility with IPv6 level
Virtualization of IP networks: VPN (Virtual Private Network) / MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching) / Remote Access / AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accounting).
Traffic planning and quality of service in the IP networks,
Data transport protocols and security.
Self-organized networks (about 20%)
Applications and Examples of Networks (SDN - Software Defined Network, Cloud, etc.).
Next generation IP networks and IP access technologies (NGN: Next Generation Networks) (approximately 50%)
Architecture IMS / TISPAN,
Control and transport protocols for multimedia,
Public and private identities, reception, authentication,
General mobility: roaming and relocation,
Network and application security,
IP access and backhaul.
5G networking and IoT systems.
Teaching and Learning Methods
- Réseaux IP de prochaine génération – NGN, IMS, TISPAN, A. Delley, ISBN 978-2-940156-34-4
- Technik der IP-Netze, A. Badach, E. Hoffmann, ISBN-13: 978-3-446-21935-9
- IP Multicast, Volume II: Advanced Multicast Concepts and Large-Scale Multicast Design (Networking Technology), by Josh Loveless, Ray Blair, Arvind Durai
- Internet of Things (IoT) in 5G Mobile Technologies (Modeling and Optimization in Science and Technologies), by C. Mavromoustakis, G. Mastorakis, J. Mongay Batalla