Each module contains 3 ECTS. You choose a total of 10 modules/30 ECTS in the following module categories:
- 12-15 ECTS in technical scientific modules (TSM)
TSM modules teach profile-specific specialist skills and supplement the decentralised specialisation modules.
- 9-12 ECTS in fundamental theoretical principles modules (FTP)
FTP modules deal with theoretical fundamentals such as higher mathematics, physics, information theory, chemistry, etc. They will teach more detailed, abstract scientific knowledge and help you to bridge the gap between abstraction and application that is so important for innovation.
- 6-9 ECTS in context modules (CM)
CM modules will impart additional skills in areas such as technology management, business administration, communication, project management, patent law, contract law, etc.
In the module description (download pdf) you find the entire language information per module divided into the following categories:
The Machine and Production Operations Control is the core of the module, with focus on logic and numerical control of industrial systems. Practical laboratory activities are developed for both CNC and PLC programming.
- to understand tasks and generic architecture of a machine and production operations control system
- to learn which are the functions of a generic PLC and CNC necessary to control manufacturing plants
- to learn configuring and programming PLC and CNC systems through standard IEC and ISO languages
- to develop practical exercises on industrial PLC and CNC targets
Contents of Module
The PLC and CNC roles and functions in production systems. The architecture of a PLC and a CNC. Configuration and programming of PLC and CNC systems. Exercises on part program (CNC) and logic control (PLC) solutions development.
Teaching and Learning Methods
Frontal theoretical lessons and practical lab activities.