Each module contains 3 ECTS. You choose a total of 10 modules/30 ECTS in the following module categories:
- 12-15 ECTS in technical scientific modules (TSM)
TSM modules teach profile-specific specialist skills and supplement the decentralised specialisation modules.
- 9-12 ECTS in fundamental theoretical principles modules (FTP)
FTP modules deal with theoretical fundamentals such as higher mathematics, physics, information theory, chemistry, etc. They will teach more detailed, abstract scientific knowledge and help you to bridge the gap between abstraction and application that is so important for innovation.
- 6-9 ECTS in context modules (CM)
CM modules will impart additional skills in areas such as technology management, business administration, communication, project management, patent law, contract law, etc.
In the module description (download pdf) you find the entire language information per module divided into the following categories:
In the module « Corporate Management and Entrepreneurship », students are enabled to evaluate business models. They learn the building blocks of a business modell and elements of sustainable management practices. Along the business model, relevant aspects from different fields such as strategy, marketing, finance and organization are relevant.
Basic Knowledge in Business Administration
- Students know the elements of the business model and are able to visualize and analyse the elements of it.
- Students are able to develop a business model for a new business idea.
Strategy and management
- Students know the most important instruments of Strategic Management.
- Students can apply instruments and make evaluations of organizations.
- Students know a selection of relevant financial performance indicators.
- Students are familiar with various corporate financing tools and know which ones are strategically adapted to their level of development.
- Students have a comprehensive understanding of marketing concepts for decision-making in practice.
- Students are able to develop the course of action for specific marketing goals, strategies and measurements.
- Students know the basic concepts of organizational structures and processes.
- Students are able to analyse organizational decision and design situations and develop appropriate solution approaches.
Contents of Module
- Business model : Elements and building blocks
- Customer segments and channels
- Product development process
- Organizational strategies
- Internal and external analysis of enterprises
- Market system and marketing
- Course of action and marketing goals
- Organizational structure and processes
- Design approaches in organizations
- Financing (cost structure and cash flow planning)
- Sources of financing and types of financing
Teaching and Learning Methods
Enseignement frontal pour les cours magistraux (2 leçons)
Cours en séminaires pour les exercices (études de cas) (1 leçon)
Etude autonome (analyse des études de cas)
- Osterwalder, A./Pigneur, Y. (2010): Business Model Generation. 1ère ed. Londres
- Autres études de cas sous forme de manuels ou documents à télécharger