Cyber security is the foundation of a secure digital world. In the MSE profile Information and Cyber Security you will acquire the necessary competencies to securely drive digitalization forward.
Outline of profession
With the MSE in Information and Cyber Security you can have an exciting career as a cyber security professional, fighting cyber criminals and preventing cyber attacks. Be on the cutting edge of technology, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information, and protecting critical IT infrastructure.
With a master’s degree in Information and Cyber Security, you will acquire in-depth knowledge and skills in the following subject areas:
- System, Network, and Software Security
- Secure Architecture and Design
- Security Assurance, Resilience, and Safety
- Security Operations
- Industrial and IoT Security
In the MSE in Information and Cyber Security you will develop the specialist skills for such jobs as Security Architect, Security Consultant, Security Engineer of Products, Analyst in a Cyber Defence Centre, Network Security Engineer, or working in Security Operations.
Entry skills and enrolment process
Specific qualifications are required to enrol in this profile. Students holding one of the following bachelor’s degrees with above-average marks generally fulfil these entry requirements.
- BSc in Information and Cyber Security
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc in Data Science
Assessment of entry qualifications is part of the enrolment process of each school. Students who do not hold one of the above-mentioned bachelor’s degrees will be individually assessed for their suitability by the relevant University of Applied Sciences.
Recommended theory modules
The theory modules comprise 30 out of 90 ECTS. The modules are taught by professors from all over Switzerland at various locations. You will take these modules together with other MSE students. You can find the recommended theory modules for the MSE in Information and Cyber Security (ICS) here.
Additional skills relative to Bachelor of Science
Compared to the Bsc, the MSE in Information and Cyber Security enhances your practical skills and deepens your theoretical knowledge. The combination of practical and theoretical education gives students a strong security foundation in a variety of topic areas.
Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) offering the Information and Cyber Security (ICS) profile are shown below. Find out more about the courses of study at the individual UASs.
Specialization studies are in German, French (Biel) or English; and theory modules in English
- Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigations
- Hardware, IoT, and Wireless Security
- Network and System Security
- FinTech Security
- E-Voting Security
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
German and English
- Research, develop, plan and design security solutions for complex systems.
- Study environments and systems for weaknesses and propose solutions to improve security.
- Focus on Operational Topics, Security in OT and Critical Infrastructure Environments, Pentesting, Post Quantum Cryptography, and Digital Forensic Science.
Mix of English and German
- Security Management and Governance
- Network & Infrastructure Security
- Security Architecture
- Operational Technology
- Internet of Things Security
- Digital Forensics
- System, network and software security,
- Secure architecture and design,
- Security management and governance of information systems, industrial control systems and IoT solutions.