Each module contains 3 ECTS. You choose a total of 10 modules/30 ECTS in the following module categories:
- 12-15 ECTS in technical scientific modules (TSM)
TSM modules teach profile-specific specialist skills and supplement the decentralised specialisation modules.
- 9-12 ECTS in fundamental theoretical principles modules (FTP)
FTP modules deal with theoretical fundamentals such as higher mathematics, physics, information theory, chemistry, etc. They will teach more detailed, abstract scientific knowledge and help you to bridge the gap between abstraction and application that is so important for innovation.
- 6-9 ECTS in context modules (CM)
CM modules will impart additional skills in areas such as technology management, business administration, communication, project management, patent law, contract law, etc.
In the module description (download pdf) you find the entire language information per module divided into the following categories:
This module offers an overview of digitization in industry from several perspectives.
- The students obtain an overview of the processes, data structures and information flows based on different product strategies inside a company.
- They are qualified to evaluate different approaches to organize a company regarding the product strategy, product architecture, the production processes and the deployed IT solutions. Relying on this, they are able to identify and apply optimization strategies.
- They are familiar with state-of-the-art concepts of digitization in order to classify efficiency and transparency in production processes (industry 4.0).
- They are familiar with the basic concepts of digitized products Internet of Things) and how these are linked to the processes and data streams of the original company in order to increase the range of product related services or business models.
- They can rationally decide between "digital" and "non-digital" solution concepts.
Contents of Module
Focus 1: Product Data Management
- Introduction of end-to-end process (As-Design, As-Built, As Maintained)
- Generating master data for mechatronic products
- Product lifecycle
- Change management
- Modularisation of mechatronic products
- Customisable products
Focus 2: Production Management
- Production planning and control process
- Batch size and stock management
- Product costs related to order processing
- Lean Management and Digitization
Focus 3: Data Driven Concepts in Industrial Practice
- Data as the foundation for industry 4.0
- Data for IoT products (data traceability, digital twins)
- Digital marketplaces in industry
- Discussion of specific Use Cases - Market & Operational Excellence