Ogni modulo equivale a 3 crediti ECTS. È possibile scegliere un totale di 10 moduli/30 ECTS nelle seguenti categorie:
- 12-15 crediti ECTS in moduli tecnico-scientifici (TSM)
I moduli TSM trasmettono competenze tecniche specifiche del profilo e si integrano ai moduli di approfondimento decentralizzati.
- 9-12 crediti ECTS in basi teoriche ampliate (FTP)
I moduli FTP trattano principalmente basi teoriche come la matematica, la fisica, la teoria dell’informazione, la chimica ecc. I moduli ampliano la competenza scientifica dello studente e contribuiscono a creare un importante sinergia tra i concetti astratti e l’applicazione fondamentale per l’innovazione
- 6-9 crediti ECTS in moduli di contesto (CM)
I moduli CM trasmettono competenze supplementari in settori quali gestione delle tecnologie, economia aziendale, comunicazione, gestione dei progetti, diritto dei brevetti, diritto contrattuale ecc.
La descrizione del modulo (scarica il pdf)riporta le informazioni linguistiche per ogni modulo, suddivise nelle seguenti categorie:
Companies are increasingly interested in conducting their activities so that a long-term future is assured for its business, society and environment. The purpose of this class is to deal with the well-recognized but sometimes vague concept of sustainability from an engineering perspective. The module is meant to introduce students to the implementation of sustainable management in industries and provide them with tools enabling the enhancement of the sustainability performances of production systems.
Obiettivi di apprendimento
During lectures, practitioners gain knowledge on the sustainability concept and are educated on its concrete application into the present industrial context. Standards, sustainability assessment tools, reporting systems and best practices are presented as the main instruments to answer market and regulations sustainability requirements raised in the last decades. The approach used to treat the sustainable management of manufacturing systems is a holistic one since all the three sustainability dimensions are addressed (i.e. environment, economy and society) and the industrial activities considered include the design and the management of product, process and supply chain in an integrated way. The course is divided into two main blocks aiming at:
- Defining what is meant by sustainability and present the role of standards and regulations into sustainable management systems;
- Providing students with tools allowing to assess, report and communicate on sustainability performances of products and processes. The measure of sustainability level enable to monitor the management system effectiveness and to enhance performances.
The sustainability concept applied into the industrial context: Course ID -01
- Introduction to sustainability: the concept and its history;
- The elements of sustainability implementation in industry;
- The implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety and Energy Management systems;
- Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Circular Economy concept
Sustainability Assessment, Reporting and Labelling: Course ID -02
- Assessing the environmental performances: the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA);
- The GHG Protocol;
- Environmental labeling of products.
Metodologie di insegnamento e apprendimento
Frontal theoretical lessons, case studies and exercises supported by the use of software.
ISO 14040 and 14044
ISO 14020 series