Ogni modulo equivale a 3 crediti ECTS. È possibile scegliere un totale di 10 moduli/30 ECTS nelle seguenti categorie:
- 12-15 crediti ECTS in moduli tecnico-scientifici (TSM)
I moduli TSM trasmettono competenze tecniche specifiche del profilo e si integrano ai moduli di approfondimento decentralizzati.
- 9-12 crediti ECTS in basi teoriche ampliate (FTP)
I moduli FTP trattano principalmente basi teoriche come la matematica, la fisica, la teoria dell’informazione, la chimica ecc. I moduli ampliano la competenza scientifica dello studente e contribuiscono a creare un importante sinergia tra i concetti astratti e l’applicazione fondamentale per l’innovazione
- 6-9 crediti ECTS in moduli di contesto (CM)
I moduli CM trasmettono competenze supplementari in settori quali gestione delle tecnologie, economia aziendale, comunicazione, gestione dei progetti, diritto dei brevetti, diritto contrattuale ecc.
La descrizione del modulo (scarica il pdf)riporta le informazioni linguistiche per ogni modulo, suddivise nelle seguenti categorie:
This module deals with transport phenomena at postgraduate level with a focus on technical problems in material, heat and momentum transport, especially in the environment of multiphase flows. Working on the basis of conservation principles, transport equations are derived in a general form. In order to obtain closed solutions for specific problems, the general balance equations are combined with material laws and also with initial and boundary conditions. This then highlights the analogies and relations between transport phenomena in different technical fields.
In this way, students expand the knowledge and skills in thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and heat transport that they have acquired during their undergraduate studies and apply them to solving technical problems of practical relevance.
Students should have a keen interest in transport phenomena and their description and modelling. Advanced knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, heat transport and applied mathematics (ordinary and partial differential equations, algebraic equations, integral calculus) is of great benefit for students.
Obiettivi di apprendimento
Upon successful completion of the module
- students are familiar with the most important phenomena of mass, heat and momentum transport (this is the aim pursued in contact teaching, in particular.)
- the students can independently study similar topics in greater depth (this is the aim pursued through the self-study of selected chapters, in particular.)
- students are able to apply the methods covered to actual technical problems (this is the aim of the exercises between the contact lessons, in particular.)
- students are in a position to conduct analyses independently.
The first half deals with general transport phenomena (with the focus on mass transport).
The second half covers phenomena with multiphase flows.
Metodologie di insegnamento e apprendimento
Frontal teaching, incorporating examples (lectures with 3 lessons)
Self-study of selected chapters from different sources
Between the lectures, exercises are to be solved; these will, if necessary, be discussed in class afterwards.
Experience has shown that the subjects cannot be covered by a single book. Instead, students are told to consult various books.
Selected sources are made available electronically:
- presentations from frontal teaching
- selected chapters from textbooks
- selected original works